Tuesday, January 29, 2013

52 Weeks Project: Week 4


Man, what a week this has been. Immediately after writing my last post, my back went out again. So I'm still happily hobbling around. Still sucks, but it's better than the day it happened.

Sticking to the positive, over here.

Being stuck on the couch really did help with my crafting productivity. The weeks making...

First up...

Giant Flower Hot Pad!
I am a collector of a few random different vintage things like salt shakers, mugs, aprons and casserole dishes. Mom stuff. I am a little silly with my collection of weird hot pads, but I still haven't found a really big one to use with my larger Pyrex dishes. I had a bunch of turquoise rope in my stash, so I decided I could fix that problem. 
Giant rope, giant crochet hook, very simple basic flower pattern. Super fast, super easy. I'm definitely an instant gratification kind of girl. 

Next up...

Scarf it up.
I made a knit/crochet combo scarf for Henry to sharpen up my yarn skills. I apologize for the terrible pictures, I have the worst little point and shoot camera ever and at this time I was still too focused on my back to give a crap about the lighting. Maybe I'll add "sweet new camera" to my list of things to save up for. Oh, well. I'm really happy with how it looks in person, very textured and crazy. It's a total mishmash of practice Intarsia, cables, popcorn stitches and different granny squares. But it DOES have a sweet pocket with a whale on it for mitten stashing.


I've also been working on more quick projects to sell at a future B&B fundraiser, so I made a few little things for that. I have a bunch of turquoise safety pins I found at a garage sale several years ago (for 10 cents!) and I have been trying to figure out what to do with them (since I feel like I'm now a little too old to just stick them through my ears). So I ended up cutting them, attaching simple owl beads, and adding hooks. Hello, big batch of owl earrings.



The last project for this week involves putting to use some of my vintage aprons and embroidery thread. One of the different things we are doing with the B&B involves using aprons as uniforms and we are also hoping to sell a variety of them in our gift shop. So if Great Aunt Mabel leaves you stash of cool aprons, send them my way. I'm trying to get together a few for the previously mentioned fundraiser, and added a little embroidery to one this week. 

Don't be a jerk. 
So that's that.

I hope everyone else is having a great week. 

Don't forget to see what Emily is making over at teaandlaundry.net

No comments:

Post a Comment