Tuesday, January 1, 2013

New Years Resolve.

Every year I make resolutions.

It's always the same type of nonsense, like lose those 5 pounds from Christmas (or the __ pounds from childbearing, I'm not even telling you what that number was), or to stop biting my fingernails (pssssh...never going to happen) or to quit some other bad habit, get the attic organized, plant a bigger garden...or whatever.

Generally nothing epic and usually completely disregarded by January 15.

This year I'm trying something new by picking a word and trying to apply it to my daily life. After about five minutes thought, my word for 2013 is going to be "create".

I want to create:

Strength in my relationships.

Joy in my family.

So, so, so many little things out of yarn and glass and found objects and paint and photos...

A better environment, better habits. Reduce, reuse, recycle.

An awesome business that is an asset to the local community.

A larger family...maybe? Not so sure I'm ready for that one yet. As my best buddy would say...

 "Shut up ovaries, you're drunk."

Baby Hank, Baby Fever

Create. I think it's a good word for me. I already feel inspired, hopefully I can hang onto it.

During my morning Facebook stalking, I came across a post in my newsfeed from my friend Emily about doing a "52 weeks project", making something every week and blogging about it. I'm going to give it a good shot. Even if it's just making something new for dinner. Considering my last attempt at faithful blogging led to a couple posts followed by over a year of nothing, I'm not holding my breath. But I'm going to make an effort. Good intentions, right?

2013. Make it or break it.

Happy New Year!




No comments:

Post a Comment